• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Aux fuel cut off level

catman393

Does anyone know at what level the Aux fuel pump is supposed to cutoff? Right now it looks like mine cuts off at just under 13/16 full. I can't find it in the pubs so I figure I'd ask you guys.

Thanks in advance

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is controlled by a float switch in the tank. I've not seen an exact measurement.

Do you have a specific concern about the level? That level looks reasonable to me. You wouldn't want it to fill the tank completely in case the generator was sitting unlevel. About 3/4 or maybe a little more is the maximum I would want it to fill.

catman393

I don't have a direct concern I just remember reading in the TM to keep the day tank as full as possible (of course I can't find it now). That lead me to believe that the aux pump would get the day tank to 100%. Just verifying. Thanks for the info!

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 003 fills the tank to between 3/4 and full on the gauge which is closer to 3/4.

I would be concerned if it tried to fill it full since that could lead to an overflow situation. As long as the pump starts and stops repeatably and keeps the level over 1/2 you should be fine.

Chainbreaker

According to the diagram on pg 115 of TM 5-6115-584-12 the switch is tripped when the float drops below 2 7/8" +/- 3/16" from bottom threads of the aux fuel switch. On my -002a the aux transfer keeps the tank about 3/4 full which seems about right to leave about 2 7/8" head room in the tank (transfer complete switch inactive)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks