• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Bad Voltmeter ?

Racky

Well I did it again. I bought another generator. This one runs good and puts out power. The hertz gauge works but the voltmeter doesnt. I have power at the 110 outlet and 120 & 240 at the lugs. Has anybody run into this before ? As usual all help is greatly appreciated.

Jimc

Both 002's i bought had bad voltmeters. Both were the same brand, plastic faces and all rusted inside. Just replace with a new one. Newark has brand new simpson gauges for $90. Look toward the end of my 002 teardown and rebuild thread. I have a pic and part # for the gauge.

Jimc

Yeah man the heat is crazy. Too hot to do anything. I assume you have the voltage selector switch on 240v. Should be pointing at the 3:00 position.

Racky

Yes sir it is at 3:00 when I use the multimeter I get full voltage from the service outlet and at the wire lugs LO, L2, L3, 120v and 240v respectfully. I am also able to adjust voltage with the reostat on the control panel but the voltmeter still only reads 120v and fluctuates when reostat is adjusted.