• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002A DC wiring

jeepin

Does anyone have a picture, drawing or wiring diagram of the 24v DC terminal block inside the shroud of the 002A.
The set I have never charged since I got it from GL and troubleshooting pointed at the VR. So I have a used replacement VR (thanks Storeman) but before I let the smoke out of it, I want to make sure the terminal block is wired correctly.
I checked the -24p and -34 manuals and they show it but not clearly enough to see which wire goes to which.
If someone could point me at the manual page where the diagram is I would appreciate it.

here is what the 34 manual shows:

Attachments

derf

Here's a pic from an 003A.
I'm pretty sure this is how it goes, from memory:
The two black wires from the coil are AC and can go with either white wire into the reg. The wire with the red marking on it in the pic is the 24V DC output. The wires from the top go to a fuse. The case of the reg is negative and should be grounded properly.

Attachments

jeepin

Thanks.. does the other end of the capacitor go to ground under that blob of silicone? Is the capacitor even needed or is that just for radio suppresion?

derf

I think it is for radio suppression. I'd keep the one at the top of the reg in the pic (with the two red wires) and maybe lose the one under the reg in the pic that ties in with the reg output.

derf

Also, there are others who will log in and correct me if I'm wrong. They know more about them than I do.

storeman

Jeepin,
Some vr's don't have the capacitor (?) with the red wires. If there, keep it. I'd keep the capacitor from the stator as well as it regulates ac voltage spikes as well as minimizing RFI. can't recall its connections but will send a pic if I can this sunday. am working. Someone else probably has a pic handy.
Jerry

storeman

Jeepin,
Checked today. Red lead from VR goes on far right of the terminal block and one lead off the capacitor joins in on the screw below the red lead on the block. Other cap lead goes to ground behind the term block mounting bolt.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks