• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A float switch troubles

rbivens

The square head on my recently acquired MEP-002A float switch was mangled when I got it from auction.

float switch.jpg

When I tried to remove the switch from the fuel tank, it required a 3 foot breaker bar. Whoever put this thing in meant business! Anyway, there's actually a hole at the base of the square head, and I think I should replace the whole unit, including the innards under the 4 screws. Is this a common problem?

I don't think it's worth trying to fix, so any ideas on where to find this entire unit? The fuel tank is fine, so I'm not interested in replacing the entire tank with all of its various attachments. I'm hoping that someone has a rusty tank they've replaced but still have the old float switch I can buy for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:

rbivens

Try, e-Components International, Inc ask for Tammy 1-800-640-1556. I think the part number is 5844S01793.
Thanks J0ateyNV. I gave her a call and I'm sending pictures to clarify the actual part.

FWIW, and to assist others, I called GMG and Delk's as well. GMG, while very helpful, didn't want to separate the float switch from the tank. I can't blame him, considering the relative rarity of these tanks. Delk's quoted me $125 for a used one, and over $200 for a new one. That's too steep for me, considering I don't need the part for the generator to function.

Ray

edgephoto

Try, e-Components International, Inc ask for Tammy 1-800-640-1556. I think the part number is 5844S01793.
That is the fuel tank gauge.

The OP needs the float switch that is used to turn on and off the aux. pump for filling the day tank from an external fuel source. The NSN number is 5930-01-062-0690.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks