• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Fuel Cap ?

jbk

the valve should be open. you may have to take a wire brush and clean up to see the open and closed on the cap. do you think you have any obstuction of the air intake?

Bill W

Been working on getting my 002A running. Runs for a spell then makes a lot of racket, black smoke and stalls.

My question is: Which position of the tab is open and which is closed? Should the tab be up on the high lands or turned 90 degrees to that?

Don't know if venting is the problem or not but I can't tell if the vent is open or closed.
Tab should be off the lands and feel loose to the touch to be open.

Happyland1410

Looks like I need to find a source for a vented cap for my newly aquired mep-002a. While cleaning, servicing, and learning about this generator before I fire it up, I noticed that the non-vented cap did not seem to go with the directions about opening the vent. Makes me wonder if this was part of the reason they sent this 11 hour generator to GL.

Attachments

steelypip

It's a pretty safe assumption that pulling a vacuum on the fuel system wouldn't encourage operation. Have you tried running it with the cap attached loosely? You might be able to run it with half a tank of fuel, the cap removed, and the strainer in place to limit splash.

derf

How about venting the cap? You don't need the fancy open/close. Just make a hole in the cap or tank that can be easily plugged and will let air in when and how you want it to.