• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002a fuel return line

Tpoole

I don't have any factory tank and was planning on running from a 55 gallon drum; can the fuel return be T back into the initial fuel feed line? I'm not sure I have a way to get it back into the drum.
Also mine is just a small drip, should it be more coming out of that line? Gen runs good.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your drum have a 2" and 3/4" bung?

Return line volume is traditionally not much at all... so the fact that its flowing means its working.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your drum have a 2" and 3/4" bung?
Well if you run one of those military bung fittings for drums (https://greenmountaingenerators.com...r-for-aux-fuel-kit-nsn-5342000661235-72-5092/) there is actually a tiny weep hole hidden in it to allow for pressure change. So you can free up the 3/4" fitting to run something like this (whatever the right size is to match to a line coming from the return.. forget the exact AN size at the moment on this machine): https://www.mcmaster.com/5346K191/.

Just takes the hose to be raw at the return end, instead of a fitting. Slide over the barb, hose clamp in place... you got a full system.

Ray70

On the amount of return fuel on an 802/803, a small drip is normal, don't expect a steady flow as you would see on an 002/003. The end of the metal fuel rail has barely a pin hole in the end , all you will get in the return line is any excess bled off of the injectors.
Also, the fuel bung adapter LITD showed has a -5 AN / JIC fitting ( to match the 002 003 fuel system, and the 802/803 fuel system uses a -4AN / JIC on the primary pump, G-17 strainer etc.
If you want to build a fuel system I have used www.Discounthydraulichose.com many times for fittings and custom made hoses. You can buy all types of fittings etc. and they will custom build hydraulic hoses ( overkill for fuel system but they work great and are super durable and inexpensive ) cheap.