• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Help Needed on Fuel System

Chainbreaker

...It's never a bad idea to have a new tank on hand, but even on tanks with holes up to 1/4" dia. I have had 100% success sealing the inside of the tank with Caswell tank epoxy, but a fellow member here recently told me that Caswell was out of stock and Ebay sellers were gouging buyers at $100+ for the 5gl kit. Twice the normal price!
IF you have the time, clean it first then assess where you are at and let us know what you find.
Just a FYI... I just received a shipment notification from Caswell that the 3 kit order I placed ~ 3 wks ago has shipped out today. So apparently Caswell Plating is slowly catching up on backlogged orders.

Ray70

BTW, if you go that route, you only need about 1/2 the material to do an 002A tank.
That kit is plenty to do an 003A tank and I do prefer the clear epoxy as you have shown.
The colored epoxy looks nice but is thicker and does not flow out as good. Adding thinner is allowed per the instructions and I would say a little thinner is a must for colored epoxy, but not for the clear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks