• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a Help

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, OK, OK. I lived in Texas a while, and we had 0000.01 inches of snow one morning in El Paso. It looked like the worlds largest demolition derby. 100,000 million people with bald tires slipping and sliding all over the road. As I grew up in a snow place, (Utah), I felt at home. Its a thing that happens in El Paso about every 100 years. Snow sounds better then a hurricane, any day!

Triple Jim, What do you think about this, BOTH sets, same problem?

lonesouth

I remember back in '92 when we had snow on the ground in North Florida. Got to build a snowman. Too young to remember any real disaster which came of it.

holley68

Thanks Jim. I will hold off on going any farther until the part comes in. Thanks. Ordered it through GMG via eBay. Tried contacting GMG directly first but could not find a POC #.

holley68

OK guys looks like I am going to be out of power for a while. Would like to try and get the 002a running some. Mainly for well.

It will start and run with holding the starter. But as soon as I release it stops. I can hold the throttle up and it will continue to run, but still maxing out the hertz gauge. The throttle cable adjustment does nothing. There is a wire tied to the solenoid adjustment above the throttle. It was on there when I purchased the 002a.

Any suggestions to get power.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it won't stay running you need to troubleshoot that problem. A couple of places to start is with the low oil pressure switch and the high engine temp switch circuits.

Anything lit up on the alarm panel? Do the lights work when you "TEST"?

holley68

Not aware of an alarm on the mep002a. The lights come on the panel. The AC volts is around 180. Nothing on the rated current (don't have anything hooked up). Hertz showing 65+.

Would it shut down if all of the fuel pumps are not working?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have oil pressure on the gauge when you are holding the switch it in the "START" position?

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, the wire doesn't belong there, so remove it. Then look at the troubleshooting guide under "starts, but will not remain running". Or something like that. Also see if you have 24 volts to the solenoid. Will it run with the S-7 on? Start the set, hold the S-1 in the start position, and then turn on the S-7. Let go the S-1. Will it remain running?

holley68

Ran the 002 a couple of minutes. It sounds good. As soon as I release throttle it dies.

If I try to turn starter again/ flash it picks up speed. But still dies.

Triple Jim

Ran the 002 a couple of minutes. It sounds good. As soon as I release throttle it dies.
What do you mean by "throttle"? There is a governor adjustment cable and knob, but I have a feeling you mean that when you release the main switch and it springs back from the "start" position, the engine stops.

holley68

If anyone has some spare time and will to talk me thru some trouble shooting. I have to go back to the pd tomorrow. And don't think I'll make drill this weekend.