• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a injector pump disassembly / rebuild

BlackhawkMTP

Hello,

I know that this has been covered in another post with detailed pictures located here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...pics-mep-003a.183913/#lg=post-2181690&slide=2

I am having issues getting my injection pump apart on step 4 in the thread linked above. When I try and pry my gear set half away from my injection port half it doesn't seem to want to separate. My question is, is this normal? I don't want to damage this injection pump assemble so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never disassembled an injection pump before so I am learning as I go. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Ray70

So you are having trouble removing the entire assembly out of the housing after removing the throttle lever and the 4 cap screws?
If so, please verify from the ID tag if you have an Ambac M-50 or an American Bosch PSU injection pump.
If you have a PSU there is a large flat head screw sticking out of a boss 90* down from where the throttle arm go in,
That screw has to be removed to get the body out of the housing.
If you have an Ambac M-50 that same boss is still there but is is not drilled and tapped and there is no screw to remove, it should come apart with just the 4 cap screws and throttle lever removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks