• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Manual Wire for 120/240 1 Phase

n5yzv

Hi all. I have put this off for far too long. I went and tested the high voltage output just a few min ago. You see, my selector switch (between 120/240v 1 Phase // 120v 1 Phase // 208v 3Phase) is stuck sticking about at 1:00. It does move clockwise to about 5:00, but springs back to 1:00. No clicking, grinding or other happens.
So from what I hear, this thing is not fun to swap. Even less fun is the cost. I heard that I can "hard wire" the unit into the 120/240v setup and just remove the switch. Since I don't plan on having the unit power a commercial setup, I could care less about 3 phase.
Could someone be so kind and post the "how to".

Thanks!

Mark

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do realize that it is a spring loaded "snap" switch correct? You must take it past the position you are trying to switch it to and it will "snap" in (hence the name). A few people have had issues with sticking switches in the past. Try this...

Open the front of the box to where you can see the switch, lightly spray some penetrating oil on the ends (ONLY the ends) of the switch and then gently start working it back and forth, trying to go a little farther each time and see if you can't get it to change positions. If it does, then move it through all of the positions several times to make sure everything is free and working.

n5yzv

Well, I went out and sprayed the ends. Started working it.....then the switch knob broke.

So I too a crescent wrench and I felt it giving toward the 240v 1 phase side. then it went further and settled in a kinda of spot.

So I cranked it up and sure enough. 240V between L3 - L0. So that works for me! I'll hook up the mig welder to it soon to see how it handles it.

Thanks!

Mark

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about the handle Mark; but at least it saves you the trouble of trying to re-invent the wheel, so to speak

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks