• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002a oil leak question

Tpoole

Ran her for a few minutes and there was a puddle of oil, I was able to tighten the oil pan up it had vibrated loose a little, I could not get to the rear bolt (pictured) any tips without a ton of work?
Also I don't see a gasket below where the dip stick bolts to the block, it looks like it could be leaking there and maybe some out of the top itself, I did order a new dip stick to be sure it wasn't all the stick gasket. Is there anything sealing the dipstick housing to the block?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I would suggest cleaning everything up real good, with a de-greasing agent. Then run it to see where it leaks.

The dipstick tube goes down to a plate. The plate is screwed to the block, with 2 each bolts. Behind the plate is a seal, to keep it from leaking. If you look at the -24P TM, it shows you quite plainly what I am referencing to.

Tpoole

I would suggest cleaning everything up real good, with a de-greasing agent. Then run it to see where it leaks.

The dipstick tube goes down to a plate. The plate is screwed to the block, with 2 each bolts. Behind the plate is a seal, to keep it from leaking. If you look at the -24P TM, it shows you quite plainly what I am referencing to.
I will do that, I was checking parts online for that seal to order a new one regardless. And clue of the part number or where I may find a parts diagram for this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks