• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002a running but getting no power

Faw

Ok thougt my multimeter was acting weird since when not connected to anything it gave me random readings but when i tested the batteries gave me a stable 25.7v.

Tested the pin 27 and on start position on and got 25/26 v.

Faw

Question, checking the maintenance manual it says:

(1) Isolate the trouble to generator or regulator. Disconnect the voltage regulator at the exciter (wires P67C16 at TB3-5 and P60E16 at TB3-6). Connect a 12 volt battery in place of the regulator with the (+) terminal to TB3-6 and (-) terminal to TB3-5. Run the engine with the battery in place of the voltage regulator. If there is output now, the voltage regulator is bad. If there is no output, the main alternator is bad.
Thing is I cant seem to find TB3, I see TB2 back of the AC box (Figure 6-11 on T34 manual) but looked over the manual and cant seem to find it. Can anyone tell me where it is so I can do this test.

Guyfang

Staff member
Go to the -12 TM, page, (PDF reader) 55. It shows you a drawing of the AC Output Control Box wiring harness. So it is located there. use a flashlight, it helps.

tmscaf

Thanks for the feedback. So if you lost power and the breaker at the generator was still on its pretty safe to conclude that the generator stopped making power.

The first thing to do is to take a VOM and check for power at the convenience outlet with the generator running. This bypasses a lot of stuff that can take you out so start there.

One thing to also check is to see if you register voltage on the meter with the generator running AND while holding the main switch in the START position. When you release the switch doe you loose power?
@DieselAddict - I have the exact issue where I have no voltage unless the main switch is in the start position. I see that you were going somewhere if that was the symptom but the conversation didn't go that direction. What would you suggest if all voltages are correct in the START position, and nothing in the RUN position?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks