• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Service Needs

warteetee

I wrote last week about a loud pop when starting my 5kw unit. I thought it was the K2 relay because when you placed it in pre-heat (the only one that it made any noise) it sounded like a bee buzzing in the relay. I bought a new relay and installed, same thing. Given there could be 100 different things wrong with it at this point, does anyone know of a place to take this for service or folks that do house calls in the Reading, Pennsylvania area?

Thanks

Isaac-1

I don't have any immediate thoughts on the suspect for this one, however the pop means there is likely going to be visible charring somewhere. The best suggestion I have at the moment is to go through the TM and follow test procedures, check to make sure you have good connections, in particular remove, clean and reconnect all your major ground connection wires.

Ike

warteetee

I found a fault anf got it back up and running. Now, the only way to get it running is with a jump. Once I have it running, it runs for about 10 minutes and then dies. Low or high oil dies in about 2 minutes so this makes me think alternator. Thoughts. maybe that loud pop was the alternator crapping out. Big job to replace the alternator?

Grega

What do you mean by low or high oil? Is the fuse in front of the injection pump good? But sounds like something besides the alternator. Are the batteries good?