• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Spin-on Fuel/Water separator install question (WIX 24770)

catman393

Good Afternoon All,

So I ordered a WIX 24770 (adapter base) and a WIX 33405 (filter) to replace my the fuel/water separator on my MEP-002A as the original filter was missing and cost more than the replacement parts.

Well today I received it and much to my surprise it doesn't just bolt on (some how I got the idea it was supposed to).

How does one install these adapter bases while keeping the original fuel filters?

Thank you for your time.

Evan

catman393

I'll try and get pictures. To clarify my question. how do you mount the new base into the location of the existing base. I'm good to go as far as the plumbing.

BobbyT

On my 002, I took the angle piece that the original filters are mounted to and flopped it and mounted the new filter bases to it and then mounted it to the same location with three male threaded rubber isolators through the top.
You will have to excuse my terrible drawing, its all i had access to at work. :grin:

View attachment 589484

(The link to the isolators on amazon are for picture description purposes only, those are not the ones i got, i think i got mine from Lowes)

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Thread...Male+Threaded+Rubber+Vibration+Isolator+Mount

drawing.jpg

Last edited:

rustystud

On my 002, I took the angle piece that the original filters are mounted to and flopped it and mounted the new filter bases to it and then mounted it to the same location with three male threaded rubber isolators through the top.
You will have to excuse my terrible drawing, its all i had access to at work. :grin:
View attachment 589484

(The link to the isolators on amazon are for picture description purposes only, those are not the ones i got, i think i got mine from Lowes)

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Thread...Male+Threaded+Rubber+Vibration+Isolator+Mount

View attachment 589492
That's a good explanation Bobby.

BobbyT

Thanks Rustystud! I tried to keep it simple and utilize what i had.

And Catman393, i think you were talking about just replacing one original filter, but i replaced all three with two spin on's. Just swapping out one might be a bit tougher.