• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Start Switch/Fuel level indicator

Boonies

Does anybody have an S1 Start switch or a fuel gauge (Just the very top part with the needle pointer that mounts on the top of the gauge assembly) they can sell? The knob on my start switch is frozen on with rust so I will need to cut it off to remove the switch, so I need the knob too.

Chainbreaker

Regarding S1 Master Switch aka "Start Switch":

Brand: Onan
MPN: 308-0318
NSN: 5930-01-055-925

Green Mountain Generators has a used one on eBay for $99 or new for $299.

There is also a new one for $186 that you can order at Small Engines Pro Dealer. I ordered a part from them a while back and they are not very fast. FWIW, they processed my payment immediately and the part was on back order but it did eventually arrive a couple weeks later...YMMV.

Or, you can put an add here on SS in the Classified Parts Wanted Section to see if a fellow member has a better deal.

Last edited:

Chainbreaker

Unless a member here has the top part of a gauge you won't find that part sold that way that I'm aware of.

I did a search using Gauge Onan 193-0211, NSN 6680-01-038-37 and GMG has a complete assy new for $113

Same thing about listing a want ad here in SS Classifieds maybe find cheaper used one.

cuad4u

Delks in Asheboro NC has (used to have) just about everything you would ever want for 002 and 003 generators at half the price of GMG. I drove up there several times and WOW! Give them a call. I do not have the phone number, but I assume GOOGLE can help.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks