• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002a Thermo Power Unit (Activates Shutters)

Keith_J

Update:

Put it all back together and set the cold operation slide off.

Shutters opened this time exactly as I expected at the temperatures I measured (> 120 degrees). They did not before, and I think this was the real cause.

I think only time will tell now, I need a real outage, or for the family to head out for a while one day and I'll test it under a good solid load. I think it's going to be fine now, I really should not have run it with the cold setting on the air filter, I'm sure that was a contributing factor, as well as the shutters sticking being IMO the main cause.

Thanks for all the help!
I run mine with air preheat to help it warm up. Shutters only fully open with a good load like my welder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks