• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Voltage Adjust Reheostat (R1)

catman393

Hello All,

Today I noticed that when R1 is fully clockwise the output voltage is only 115/230VAC (on 120/240 1 phase).

The TM says "Voltage readings should be as follows. Voltage adjust range shall be between 205 and 220V for the 120/208V, 3 phase, 4 wire connection. Between 114 and 126V for the 120V, 1 phase, 2 wire connection. Between 228 and 252V for the 120/240V, 1 phase, 3 wire connection."

I'm seeing a minimum of 189.9 and a maximum of 230.1 between L1 and L3 with the AC Output Selector Switch set at 120/240 1 PH (to the right) under NO LOAD.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there a way to correct this? I was in the AC Control box yesterday installing an outlet. Is it possible that I messed something up? Is there anything I should check?

Thanks again for all of your assistance. You guys are amazing!

Triple Jim

It's possible that someone misadjusted the pot on the regulator board. It's a screwdriver adjustment, and is R12 on regulator 72-5338. If you have the other board, 72-5020, it's labeled R17. If there isn't some other problem causing this, you should be able to center your rheostat and adjust the pot on the regulator for 120/240 volts.

catman393

Jim,

You are a god send. I have the 72-5338 board. I had to turn it several turns to the left but it's there now (240 anyway). Thank you so much!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks