• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Woes

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm happy to be of assistance. I'm also glad you like our site. Please feel free to become intimately familiar with your generator, and in the future when a member needs help, jump right in there and offer up some advice. It's the people who make this site what it is.

storeman

FYI,
I've noticed that a lot of the GL generators have Solargizers installed. Apparently units in the field found them useful as have I on the two I installed on mine.
Jerry:beer:

rjbguns00

I'm happy to be of assistance. I'm also glad you like our site. Please feel free to become intimately familiar with your generator, and in the future when a member needs help, jump right in there and offer up some advice. It's the people who make this site what it is.
Unfortunately the gen is not mine and I'm more intimately familiar than I wanted to get with it but I love learning and the experience has been good. I'm sure I will get to know it better before it's over because the owner gets a temper when it comes to mechanical stuff. I will certainly help others If I can. Usually if you look hard enough you can find the info you are looking for here without having to start a thread. The one on changing the axle seals on the deuce was great. Pallet jack makes it breeze and I never would have thought of pulling both wheels on the drum.

Thx Storeman. Where did you mount the solar panel?

Do you guys know what the 2 spark plugs on the intake are for?

LuckyDog

Do you guys know what the 2 spark plugs on the intake are for?
Man, am I biting my toungue....

They are heaters for the intake air. Very similar, but different from the glow plugs in the heads.

GLOW PLUG EA 2
PN: CAGE:
CH49 11587

154-1487 44940

There, I was nice (I hope)

rjbguns00

Thanks for not dogging me Lucky. That does seem like a stupid question, especially when you read it. Do they fire all of the time while it's running or just during start up?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
only when you hold the start switch over in the "preheat" position and while the engine is cranking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks