• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 002a

fastbackperry

I hope I'm in the right area. New hear.

I picked up a MEP 002A that runs great but is having some power generation issues. I have a great working mep 003a so I'm familiar with these units a little. I have the unit powered up at 60 hz and voltage at the servce plugs is great and runs whatever plugged in. The switch below the meter is on single phase like my 003 and the switch next to the service plugs is set to 240 single phase like my 003 but I'm only getting power to L1 and not L3 like I should and the 003 does. The guy I bought it from said it worked fine but it's been sitting. Started up after some work and runs great at 40 psi but this electrical issue has me stumped. Any help is appreciated. Thanks and take care. Perry

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, use the small switch under the meter to check voltage on both L1 and L3 and see if you have voltage showing on the meter. Then, if you do have voltage on the meter, try cycling your main breaker on and off a few times. There was just a member on here who had a bad breaker and it wouldn't pass power through one "leg".

If that doesn't fix you up, you'll have to start a little deeper troubleshooting.

Carl_in_NH

Might also want to try working the reconnection switch back and forth a couple times to see if a switch contact is dirty (but not with the genset running - that would be really bad).

fastbackperry

O.K. fellas. The voltage gauge read 240 so that was good. I checked power as it went into the main switch on the one leg (3) that wasn't giving me power and walla there was the same voltage as leg 1. Tells us the main switch is having issues. Can the main switch be taken apart and cleaned. This thing was left out under a tree for several years. dryer than out in the open but to bad the guy didn't throw a tarp over it. most of the things I've had to fix have been corrosion related so I'm thinking the switch got water in it. I've taken some breakers apart and carefully filled the contacts and all was good. can that be done on this main switch? thank. Perry:beer:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
when you say main switch...what are you talking about????

The main BREAKER or the reconnection SWITCH????

Short answer, the SWITCH can be disassembled and cleaned...although I would not advise it...it is a very complicated switch with a TON of wires. I would work it back and forth several times and the problem would probably clear itself.

Main BREAKER...cannot be taken apart! They are still available but expensive new. I have a few but I haven't had time to get them out of their output boxes as of yet, and it will be a few months still until I do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks