• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-002ASK ariflow issue

titanium rat

Banned
I am going to Delks army surplus to pick my Mep-002ask unit. I took it there for repairs and to be fully serviced. I asked him to take off the ASK (supression kit) and he told me he would, but after taking it off there is a cover I needed to buy for the motor to keep the airflow where it is supposed to be, without it the genset could/WOULD overheat.

He will be on vacation when I get it and dont want to bother him with my questions, because he is busy and has treated me very well so far. So thought you guys may know of this cover he mentioned.

ALSO if I leave the ASK kit on there will I still need that cover?

(sorry if I did not provide enough details, but till i get it home I have no pictures or names)

I would prefer to ditch the ASK kit and just put the genset in a special built shed on a trailer......[thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm smelling something fishy here. You're going to go to Delks in SC to pick up your generator but you live in Alaska?????

Jesus man, you could build a generator for what the fuel would cost

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, two MEP 002A's just sold at Ft.Wainright for $900 each (without the ASK). They had something like 10 hours on them. I got one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks