• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-003 donor engine

Scoobyshep

Waiting for the engine to arrive I have found other tasks to do testing glow plugs filters etc. The fuel filters are still the military filters and good lord the water contamination was bad. Made me think the separator was never drained. So that was next and the mud buildup was the worst I've ever seen. After cleaning that unholy mess something caught my eye. The casting on the separator. Someone plumed it backwards. Same with both filters.

Short and quick lesson. Never assume the previous person can read.

Scoobyshep

Sounds like someone was already working on it and gave up. I plan to eliminate all of those military filters and put a more modern filter/water separator on mine.
Judging from the paint these haven't been opened. I really think the strainer and filters being backwards was the major factor. Speaking of the fuel filters were the mil part number so its anyone's guess how little attention they got. If it weren't for this injection pump issue it would be a very clean set

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ray70

Good work getting it going again!
In the video I could briefly see the volt gage, which looked to be way above 240V ( assuming you have the machine set to 120/240).
Before you go too much further, verify the output voltage. If it can't be adjusted down with the knob, you may have blown transistors on the AC VR board, which would make you a perfect candidate for the replacement VR that @kloppk makes!

Scoobyshep

Good work getting it going again!
In the video I could briefly see the volt gage, which looked to be way above 240V ( assuming you have the machine set to 120/240).
Before you go too much further, verify the output voltage. If it can't be adjusted down with the knob, you may have blown transistors on the AC VR board, which would make you a perfect candidate for the replacement VR that @kloppk makes!
Voltage is good gauge is not. That's next on my list.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks