• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003 intake heater base

Guyfang

Staff member
I would think you should be able to find one here in the forum, as many people here are working on the MEP-002 and MEP-003 gen sets. And some people have extra parts and or hulks that could be used as a "spare parts donator".

2940-01-048-6721 is the NSN. I plugged it in my browser and found several possible places to procure it,(hopefully) if nothing else turns up.

khamill2000

I placed a want ad and also sent a request to green mountain generators. I hate not having a generator available. I removed the connections for my other generator when I hard wired this one.

Last edited:

khamill2000

I will consider that, however it's only drilling and tapping 2 more holes to have the plate. Anybody know the thread size for the manifold glow plug? Maybe I'll order the tap.

Chrispyny

I will consider that, however it's only drilling and tapping 2 more holes to have the plate. Anybody know the thread size for the manifold glow plug? Maybe I'll order the tap.
I like your train of thought. I assume that piece you broke is cast iron. I'd consider making my own out of thick plate steel. Depends on your skill set, collection of tools, metal supplier, and available free time. Good luck. Keep us posted.

khamill2000

I spoke we ith someone parting out a mep 003. No luck but he is still looking. I'll see what happens in the next few days. I've ordered the tap. If I can't get the part then I'll either see if i can get this one welded or see if i can find a piece of 7/16 aluminum.

khamill2000

I handed it off to a maintenance guy at work today to see what could be done. He indicated that he could weld it or possibly even make a new one. I should hear back on Monday.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks