• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003 Question

Nonotagain

need some help my mep 003 it is missing the fan shroud and the injector pump. also the frequncy adjustment knob on cosole is missing . wish my would come to life please help me
They call the shrouds, Tins over at smokstak.

Shrouds are a hard item to find as the civilian version has to be modified for the oil cooler and there are a lot of MEP's that have been scavenged for parts.

For what an injector pump goes for you can buy another MEP-003a from GL.

Sorry to brake the news.

rudedog

well that sucks was hoping to use this at some remote property i own what is the price on one i cant find another one close to me does anyone know what a shipper on gl chargers like the price per mile so i could get a ball park on another gen to get shipped to me

Felix357

need some help my mep 003 it is missing the fan shroud and the injector pump. also the frequncy adjustment knob on cosole is missing . wish my would come to life please help me

send an e-mail to Tom Badgett [info@gctrucks.com].
He has parts for the MEP-003 and might be able to help you out with what you need to get yours running. He's an honest standup person and the prices are fare. He makes sure that the parts work so you don't have to worry about getting a piece of junk from him.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well that sucks was hoping to use this at some remote property i own what is the price on one i cant find another one close to me does anyone know what a shipper on gl chargers like the price per mile so i could get a ball park on another gen to get shipped to me
Check out www.Bucknertransport.com These guys are delivering a M1009 to me and have been super all along the way. They're out of GA so in your neck of the woods. Don't let the RV transporter tag fool you.

chester247

mepoo2a filter gaskets

still looking for oil filter gasket for mepoo2a tried some of suggested ones -they do not fit and started to leak
also looking for spin on filter adaptor

thanks for your help

looking glass

My MEP 003A battery charging meter goes into the red occasionally (verified with volt meter 31 volts) if I disconnect then reconnect negative terminal at battery the meter goes back to green and volts measure 27. This would indicate a bad ground; I cleaned and retightened connector at frame. Next time I started it the same problem once again. Any suggestions?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard

First off, I am sorry to hear about your charging issue, but jbk just answered it pretty simple.

Secondly, I thank you for searching and adding to old threads rather than clog the system up with a bunch of new ones that have been covered many times before...The charging one has been done over and over...some more searching would have led to the correct answer, but our search feature sucks sometimes.

But I would like to ask you to not post the same comment/question in multiple threads (cross posting, against the site rules). Ike and coyotegrey answered the same question on your other post

dougreig

MEP-003A part source

Delks surplus sale is a site to google for your parts.

I do need some help with the MEP-003A that I purchased on an auction "sight un-seen". The wires coming out of the generator were cut short. I am going to splice a new wiring harness, but I can not see the numbers on the 10 wires. I was wondering if the wiring arrangement that is place in the rubber box coming out of the generetor motor are alway placed in the same sequence. If so, would someone help with the wire numbering arrangement. I hope my discription of my issue is understandable . Thanks in advance

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a book at home that tells how to properly do it...I'm at work right now. I'll try to get that information sometime down the road.

As far as just using the location where they come out from the grommet in the head to ID them. I would avoid that like the plague, or you might just find yourself letting the magic smoke out of your generator head

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks