• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 strainer question

EnteJager

I picked up another mep-003, no filters at all, I am good with all the p/n's for the filters and I know the strainer is not available.
My question is, what micron water seperator/strainer should I get. 10, 20, 30 micron? I was looking at this one.

West Marine: 200R Spin-On Series Diesel Fuel Filter/Water Separator Product Display 710&Ne=0&Ntt=racor&Ntk=Primary Search&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=racor&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=6&subdeptNum=68&classNum=219

Any other ideas for a strainer are welcome.

Also, what size is the fuel line hardware, 3/8"?
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,

if you have no filters at all, I would buy two filter bases and put on a good 10 micron water separator/filter, and another 10 or 5 micron fuel filter and you should be good to go...the strainer on the original units is way more than 10 microns and the filters are only 10's, so two 10's or a 10 and a 5 should be more than enough filtration.

As to the fuel lines, while they may look fancy with the braiding on them, they are nothing more than hydraulic lines and 5/16 JIC fittings. I had to replace a fitting on one of my sets just a few months ago. Parker Hanifin is probably the best place to get the fittings and hoses (if there is a "Parker Store" near you) as Parker is the OEM for most of the fittings on the set. But any hydraulic shop should have any fittings, hoses and hose ends you need

EnteJager

Thanks, I actually have a strainer on it's way from Delks.
No hydraulic shops in the AO, so I figured I would give them a shot.
They have been great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks