• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 Throttle Linkage Quesiton

chiefgguy

does anyone happen to know the size of the "ball" that the throttle linkage connects to? The connector that connects to it has broken and I've had some 3D printed, however the ones printed are not quite right. I'm hoping by having the right size as a model, I can get the 3D printer person to modify the file we have to be a better fit!

I think I read on here somewhere, that someone has 3D printed this same part.. does anyone know what resin might have been used? The one's I have seem to 'soften" after really long run times....

Thanks - Andy

Guyfang

Staff member
Chief,

Maybe someone can take one off and measure it. Why don't you try a PM to Superman. He might have a parts set he could take a gander at. This was the only info I could dig up, on the Ball Joint.

LENGTH3.10 CENTIMETERS NOMINAL
END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONGRUMMAN A-10 ACFT
BALL END CONNECTION THREAD PROVISIONTHREADED
BALL END THREAD LOCATIONEXTERNAL
BALL END THREAD DIRECTIONRIGHT
SOCKET END THREAD LOCATIONINTERNAL
BALL END THREAD SIZE AND SERIES/TYPE DESIGNATOR10-32 UNF
SPECIAL FEATURESNONADJUSTABLE;SOCKET END THD SIZE,10-32
STYLE DESIGNATORSINGLE, RIGHT ANGLE, PLUGGED

runk

If you mean the ball portion of item 13, figures 51 & 52, TM 6615-585-24P [2990-01-049-0578, Ball Joint LK859 (01843)],
I got 0.3030" or maybe 0.3035 when I put my good calipers on the ball of the IP sitting on my workbench waiting to be rebuilt.
It's still on the IP, as I haven't started taking it apart yet, so that may not be a perfect measurement. I'll try and check it again when I have everything apart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks