• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 update

helomedic1171

Those of you who remember how my 10k started out, and then how it ended up, remember how much work I put into it. one of you in particular remembers the phone calls it took to get it running right and the power output correct. Here's the latest update.

IMAG0407.jpg

I'm powering my entire house, with everything on except my air compressor. (water heater, 2 heat pumps, 2 A/C units, dryer, half the lights in the house, 2 big screens, 2 fridges, a stand-up freezer, and a microwave.)

it's pretty **** awesome. :D just wanted to say thanks, guys.

oh, and this weather is crap. I'm just glad I don't live up near PA or NY.

Last edited:

3dAngus

NO KIDDIN'...

I now have a new found respect for them thar Yankees. You gotta be tough as nails to withstand the wind, icy slush, and snow, not to mention the cold that will make you shrink while fully dressed and dry.

God Bless them. Stay warm up there guys!

Rapracing

You have two A/C's running? I thought it was cold down there too? No need for A/C here. Just keep the wood in the outdoor furnace and it's all good. It's right around 3 outside right now but it's 78 where I am sitting.

helomedic1171

NO KIDDIN'...

I now have a new found respect for them thar Yankees. You gotta be tough as nails to withstand the wind, icy slush, and snow, not to mention the cold that will make you shrink while fully dressed and dry.

God Bless them. Stay warm up there guys!
yup. I just figured I'd give GA power a break. more importantly, if the power goes out, it won't affect me one bit. plus, I needed to give the Gennie a workout, and burn off some of this year-old fuel.

Isaac-1

I suspect your ahead of the cold front that came through here yesterday, we have ice and snow on the ground for the second time within a week here in Louisiana, and temperatures have been below freezing for over 24 hours now.

Ike

p.s. the power was out at my elderly mother's all electric house in the country about 20 miles from here for 4 or 5 hours today, thankfully she has a 30 KW Kohler diesel generator that I installed at her house a few years ago.

Last edited:

Ray70

Sounds like we have another happy MEP owner to add to the growing list....:goodjob: Lets see one of those orange and black genny's from Homer's local home improvement store perform like that.... all while screaming at 3600 RPM, with it's insanely loud ( and mysteriously not sound rated) muffler glowing red hot.... sucking down $40 worth of gasoline a day.... and do it for a couple weeks straight without either melting down , throwing a rod through your neighbor's window, or being stolen by someone else with no electricity! This of course is all assuming you can even get it started, provided the ethanol in the fuel hasn't ruined you carb. .... yet.
:)

helomedic1171

very happy. it's still humming along as we speak. I'm gonna shut her down tomorrow and switch back to grid power. there haven't been any power outages or snowfall, and not a whole lot of ice either. may as well save the fuel I have left for the next time. all in all, it was a great test, and I'm really happy with the results.

helomedic1171

by the way, anyone have one of those auxiliary adapters for fuel cans? I had a few of them, and now I can't find any of them. that's what I get for leaving for 9 months and not messing with my generator until a week before a storm, but I need one to be able to use a fuel drum. I have the hoses and the suction tube, but I need the actual "cap".

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not needed. Stick your fuel hose right into whatever container of fuel you want to draw from.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks