• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a auto start program

Roger O

Hi Everyone, I have an MEP-003a that I have been fixing up. I finally figured out how to make a Generac auto transfer switch work with it (pm ne if you want details), and now I am working on the PLC for auto start.

To make a very long story short, I had gotten a PLC program from sewerzuk several years ago, but due to a computer failure lost it. I have written to him asking for another copy, but so far no reply. I have attempted to write a ladder logic program, but due to my total lack of training, have only gotten a very basic program functioning.

Does anyone have an auto start program from either him or another for the Teco SG2 that they can send me? In addition, I would like a wiring schematic to know which connections in the control box to connect to from the PLC (prime, glow plugs, start, run).

By the way, I have searched the forum for the answers, but could not find what I need in detail.

Thanks for all your help!

aczlan

Sewerzuk posted the wiring info in his thread:
Yep!
Pics posted below.
To everybody who I emailed the PLC program to, here is how the connections should be made:
Power to the PLC: tb 5-10
Fuel pump/shutoff solenoid output Q1: TB 5-7
Manifold heat/glow plugs output Q2: K2-X1
Start relay output Q3: TB 5-9
Field flash output Q4: TB 4-10
This way, no cuts, crimps, splices, etc. need to be made. The system can be removed without any wire repairs, and the generator can still be started manually in the event the PLC fails.
Momentary pushbutton NO switch is used to start the generator sequence, and provides 24V to I1 on the PLC.
Shutdown is accomplished by interrupting power to the PLC. I used a NC momentary pushbutton switch in the power supply line going to the PLC.
Keep in mind, I modified this program from my existing air compressor/mag starter/auto start setup...it is much simpler than my setup and it should work fine, but since I haven't tested it there may be a bug or two to work out.
I thought I had the program but I dont see it now.

Another thread from someone else who used a different PLC: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?107200-Another-MEP-003a-AutoStart-with-PLC/

Aaron Z

Roger O

Thanks Aaron, I have spoken in the past with SteveH (he actually came to my home to help me with an electrical problem, great guy), but his program as you correctly said is written for a different PLC.

Anyone else who has sewerzuk's program, I really would appreciate it...

Thanks!

Roger

Chainbreaker

Roger - I have an email address for Sewerzuk that I used to communicate with him a couple years ago. I will PM it to you so you can see if he is reachable and able to help.

Chainbreaker

Thank you Sir, it is greatly appreciated!

Have a great 4th.

Roger
Your welcome!

The 4th should be interesting in our area. Most people in Pacific Northwest are keeping their fingers crossed that we get through the holiday weekend without any major fireworks spawned fires. We are dry and getting drier by the hour. In some high fire danger areas fireworks have been temporarily banned as well as any "wood or charcoal" fires, but propane is OK. So at least we can still BBQ on the 4th at our place using propane. A few ice cold beers on the 4th should help chill the heat and wet the whistle!

Anyway, Happy and Safe 4th to all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks