• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a Aux Fuel Solenoid problem

coyotegray

When running with the master switch set to aux and with the fuel level less than 3/4 I have 24v to one pin at the solenoid but it will not open. I have tried a know good solenoid.

When I check the other two pins there is no voltage and no ground..

I have checked between the pin that is 24v and the other two with negative results. I have also checked between them and ground with negative results..

Two wires run to the solenoid so I am assuming that one should be the negative lead..

Is this correct..? I have checked the TM and found everything else but info on this connector (J5 on harness 338-575) figure 1-4 in TM 5-6115-585-12.

And if this is correct, anyone know where the negative wire runs to..?

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On your connector at the solenoid coming from the control cubicle, from the TM it looks like pin/socket "B" should be the 24 volts, and pin/socket "A" should be the ground. But, after pin/socket "A" there is a diode before it goes to ground. Diode CR3. it's possible that diode is open.

coyotegray

On your connector at the solenoid coming from the control cubicle, from the TM it looks like pin/socket "B" should be the 24 volts, and pin/socket "A" should be the ground. But, after pin/socket "A" there is a diode before it goes to ground. Diode CR3. it's possible that diode is open.
Looks like that was it.. It tested bad after removing some of the varnish and putting a meter on it but I jumped it to test and the solenoid opened and strangely after that the diode it started working fin on its own. Any idea on what I need to replace it with..?

Thanks,
Andy..

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's working, I wouldn't mess with it. Could have been the varnish you removed allowed it to make a good connection again and start working. The manufacturer part number for it should be in the -24P TM. And a quick google search should bring up an electronics supplier to be able to purchase one through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks