• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-003a aux fuel

64herald

​I have an mep-003a that I hook up to an auxiliary fuel tank. I put the master switch to prime/run/aux, the pump kicks on an fulls the main tank but won't shut off when full. I disconneted the wires from the tank float with no shut off. Any ideas where to start looking? Sounds like a relay stuck, if it has one.

Munchies

Make sure the pumps are hooked up to the right bullet connectors. easy to switch them around see if one of the two main pumps does not have power with the float up all the way, that one will be the aux, move the pump to that one.

s011883

When the master switch is set to AUX you should have power to all three fuel pumps. The aux pump fuel is turned on and off by the electric fuel solenoid which is controlled by the fuel tank float.

cuad4u

Did it ever work? Did it never work? Did it work and then stop working? Answering these questions will narrow down what you need to look for.

For instance - If it worked fine then quit, then a wiring error is not likely.

If it never worked, things get a bit more complicated, but how very complicated.

64herald

I just got the unit in Dec with 119hrs. I did all the filters (they were all new) Did the oil batteries fuel lines, tightened all the electric connection. and started it up.. took a little priming but runs great. had the whole house running on it at less then 50 0/0. that was done on the main tank, when I hooked up the aux line the pump just keep running till the tank almost overfilled till I changed the switch to prime/run. No wires were changed by me.

Jimc

if i am not mistaken the aux fuel pump runs constantly and never shuts off. the solenoid only opens the valve allowing fuel to flow. if its overfilling then it would either be the solenoid valve on top of the pump is not working or the float is having problems.

64herald

​today is the warmest it's going to be for the rest of the week so I worked on Placing it where I wanted it and wired it into the house. Next week I'll work on the oil line. Thanks for all the replies, I'll let you know when it's hooked up.o

Munchies

if i am not mistaken the aux fuel pump runs constantly and never shuts off. the solenoid only opens the valve allowing fuel to flow. if its overfilling then it would either be the solenoid valve on top of the pump is not working or the float is having problems.
I have heard that mentioned before, but I get 24v on the aux + lead to the pump with the switch on when in run its dead. On all that I have had to troubleshoot and mess with anyhow.

Isaac-1

I think the aux pump runs any time the switch is in the aux run position, but flow is controlled by the solenoid, in the standard run position the aux pump does not run.

Ike

64herald

I finished the fuel hook up today and ran the whole house about 3 hrs. When I put it in AUX position it filled the tank to the top and was ready to over fill it, so I tapped the solenoid a few times and all is well. I drained some fuel from the tank and tried again and now I get 1/2 tank on and 3/4 off. Fuel pump runs constant, solenoid does all the work.. I'm happy. Thanks everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks