• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A, CB2 DC Circuit Breaker Trip

Guyfang

Staff member
When I was in a Hawk Firing Battery, we needed 8 each, MEP-113A, 60 KW gen sets to run all three firing sections. We produced power for nothing other then the missile system. I had a total of 12 Gen sets in the unit. Tell you anything?

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chainbreaker,

Haha, exactly the way I (and a lot of us ) think......have “plan c”. I was doing annual maintenance on our generator, was popping the DC breaker after a 30 minute run (warming up for oil and filter(s) change), after that problem developed....went to our 2nd generator (hadn’t been used in 2 years), changed the batteries , ran for 30 minutes, changed the oil and filters.

I would love a sticky on our website that shows a hyperlink based “spare parts” list. Most of what I’ve accumulated is from tripleJim (AC/DC regulators), spin on oil filters from Speddmon, spin on fuel from Ray 70 and grounding rods from Light in the Dark. I did pick up a few spare engines years ago, along with a couple glow plugs. I would love an IP pump repair kit, oil and temp sensor for back up.

Be preprared.....a moto I learned when I was 11.

Attachments