• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A ch6pl Oil Filter Question

Polycop

The other day I was changing the oil / filter on the MEP 003a using a ch6pl filter. It fit correctly and it came with a number of big gaskets, one fit perfect and two small washer / seals. I didn't have the TM with me so I figured the fatter rubber washer went down by the spring and the thin fiber washer sealed the filter to the base of the adapter plate. In looking at the TM I think I got the fat washer correct but the thin one is supposed to go outside between the canister and the bolt.

It's not leaking now, should I go ahead and take it back apart to move the little fiber washer to where it belongs or will everything be OK till next years oil change?

JAYHAWK 1962

Ditto. The more i think about it, the more im thinking of spin on adapters for the oil and fuel filters. I think these two additions would cure several potential problems.

Last edited:

derf

You could wait till it gets really cold and the power goes out to do it.
Or....................

Polycop

I went out and changed it (as noted, 60 degrees is waaaaay better than -4) and found that I had a fat rubber washer between the filter and the engine block, a thin fiber washer between the filter and the spring/cup AND another fat rubber washer between the spring/cup and the filter housing. Needless to say it was all wrong. I've got it squared away with the exception of a very minor leak around the bottom of the housing, I'll see if it stops on it's own if not I'll snug it up some.

On a related note, when I started it up I had NO oil pressure (waiting for the filter housing to fill with oil) for about 10 seconds, is that normal? I'm guessing it is, but it was kind of stressing me out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks