• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a fuel pump question

lxawolf

RJM27 I am not sure what exact model pump I purchased however I think it was the FAC-476088. I think it was due to the fact the original spec fuel pump used the one with anti-syphon. If I remember correctly pumps in series if they have the anti-syphon feature they can get locked and not send the correct fuel. I am not advocating for the company I got my fuel pump from it was just who I got mine from. You might be able to find it online for less with some searching. The only thing I can remember being different from the original one is the replacement had female threads and the original had male threads. So I needed to purchase two 1/8" NPT pipe nipples to make sure the pump could correctly attach to the fuel lines.

On a side note, I purchased 2 pumps thinking I would need to replace both pumps in series. However I only replaced one and it pumped fuel just fine. If you want to only replace one it should be just fine. You could change the fuel lines a bit and remove the second pump and just attach the fuel lines so it only has one fuel pump. I also only used the day tank. The AUX pump was also shot, as was the sending unit to tell the day tank when it was getting low. I never used the pump for the auxiliary fuel position or external tanks. I can give more detail if you need any more info.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=FACET24

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RJM27 I am not sure what exact model pump I purchased however I think it was the FAC-476088. I think it was due to the fact the original spec fuel pump used the one with anti-syphon. If I remember correctly pumps in series if they have the anti-syphon feature they can get locked and not send the correct fuel. I am not advocating for the company I got my fuel pump from it was just who I got mine from. You might be able to find it online for less with some searching. The only thing I can remember being different from the original one is the replacement had female threads and the original had male threads. So I needed to purchase two 1/8" NPT pipe nipples to make sure the pump could correctly attach to the fuel lines.

On a side note, I purchased 2 pumps thinking I would need to replace both pumps in series. However I only replaced one and it pumped fuel just fine. If you want to only replace one it should be just fine. You could change the fuel lines a bit and remove the second pump and just attach the fuel lines so it only has one fuel pump. I also only used the day tank. The AUX pump was also shot, as was the sending unit to tell the day tank when it was getting low. I never used the pump for the auxiliary fuel position or external tanks. I can give more detail if you need any more info.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=FACET24
Well I lucked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found this on line n.o.s. so I bought (2) hooked it up then bought his remaining (3), they are correct and are plug and play.
Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

Attachments

helomedic1171

Wolf,

I found the pumps at Pegasus also - I haven't ordered them yet though. How was the service with them? I was going to get two and keep one on the shelf.

I just had to clean out all three of my Dad's pumps, and one was actually no good - it won't do anything when we hook it to power. So for now, I have the AUX and the primary pumps running, and no secondary. I have a feeling I'll need to do mine soon as well. I found a vendor for the basket filters inside and the rubber gaskets also, so I plan to get a few of each.

Does anyone know if you can swap the guts out of one pump and put them in another pump body? I have one pump that works, but when I went to remove a fitting, the nipple twisted off.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolf,

I found the pumps at Pegasus also - I haven't ordered them yet though. How was the service with them? I was going to get two and keep one on the shelf.

I just had to clean out all three of my Dad's pumps, and one was actually no good - it won't do anything when we hook it to power. So for now, I have the AUX and the primary pumps running, and no secondary. I have a feeling I'll need to do mine soon as well. I found a vendor for the basket filters inside and the rubber gaskets also, so I plan to get a few of each.

Does anyone know if you can swap the guts out of one pump and put them in another pump body? I have one pump that works, but when I went to remove a fitting, the nipple twisted off.[/QUOTE

I was able to buy extra n.o.s. Let me know if you want one. PM if you do. They plug right in, have the correct part # on them as well. Have installed 2 so far!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks