• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a fuel strainer leak

lxawolf

Now that I have my MEP-003a running I have noticed a small fuel leak. When the fuel system is primed and under pressure it drips, about once a second. Its on the drain valve on the metal fuel strainer canister. I plan on upgrading to spin on filters at some point. However until then, can I remove the drain plug assembly and replace with a small bolt with fuel safe thread sealant? I cant say for sure but it looks like its leaking from the part you would spin with your hand. Not the part that has the hex head bolt into the actual canister. The tabs look like someone used a set of channel locks to open or close it.

jamawieb

Yes, it will be fine. Find a plug or bolt and replace it, it's not necessary as long as you cleaned the fuel system.

Isaac-1

Why not go ahead and fix it with a proper draincock they are cheap, and that way you will not mess up the threads doing something like screwing an SAE thread pitch bolt into a NPT threaded hole.

lxawolf

Isaac, your 100% right. Looking online it's crazy how available they are and low price. I will order one online as soon as I am able to measure it for the correct size.

lxawolf

Stopped at a locally owned auto parts store today, picked up a new drain cock for $2.39. Glad I replaced with the proper part not start to do things incorrectly. Thank you to everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks