• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A glow plugs

Rapracing

I received 10 ch-182 (wrong) today as well. Talked to Rock Auto and sent them PICs. They said wrong stock pull and will ship correct ones as soon as I send these back via fedex. Will ship when their return label is scanned at my drop off. Strange because I tried to order from them a month ago when they sold eaches and they had none. Champion site hasn't had any for several weeks. I suspect I'll wind up getting a refund rather than the plugs I want.
Jerry
:maddawg308:
Jerry

Did they ever get the right glow plugs for you or did they end up refunding?

Ray70

I recently (last week) ordered 4 from Rock Auto and I got the right part. $14.66 ea with a 4pc. min buy. If you search for CH182 you will get the wrong plug, a CH-147 for $9 ea. I searched for just 182 with Champion in the manufacturer line and got the right one. If you search for CH-42 you get nothing.
Unfortunately the ones I'm trying to replace are so rotted that even with heat the first one snapped off. Heated the head until red and still can't get the broken piece to budge using different kinds of easy outs. Now I'm contemplating either drilling it, replacing the heads or just leaving it alone.
I think I'll rebuild the IP first and see if it runs and makes power, then worry about the glow plugs later, once its up and running.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just get the correct mil plugs from me here on steelsoldiers for 12.50 each (25 per pair) including shipping...... plus, you get the correct copper crush washer as well as the wiring harness terminal and heat shrink tube.......

Z

storeman

Jerry

Did they ever get the right glow plugs for you or did they end up refunding?
Obviously I have not been on the site in a long time. Been tied up trying to learn welding. They refunded my $, had no product. Looks like they are available again from the posts above. That is a great thing! Looks like I'll be contacting Ziggy since Chris (Gimpy) says it is the right item
Jerry

BTW: I have a bunch of sheet metal (front shouds, etc,) that are free to anyone who cares to pick them up. Zip 23068. Bride is on my butt to clear them out of the garage attic. e-mail me if interested... storeman0913@gmail.com

Last edited:

rustystud

Obviously I have not been on the site in a long time. Been tied up trying to learn welding. They refunded my $, had no product. Looks like they are available again from the posts above. That is a great thing! Looks like I'll be contacting Ziggy since Chris (Gimpy) says it is the right item
Jerry

BTW: I have a bunch of sheet metal (front shouds, etc,) that are free to anyone who cares to pick them up. Zip 23068. Bride is on my butt to clear them out of the garage attic. e-mail me if interested... storeman0913@gmail.com
That's a funny thing about new wives. They say they love your home and cannot wait to live there and start a family. Then you marry them and it seems all h*ll breaks loose about all those trucks and parts everywhere ! I owned over 20 trucks and a cargo container full of parts before marriage, now I own only 6 trucks and the wife is getting on my case about them now.

Chainbreaker

That's a funny thing about new wives. They say they love your home and cannot wait to live there and start a family. Then you marry them and it seems all h*ll breaks loose about all those trucks and parts everywhere ! I owned over 20 trucks and a cargo container full of parts before marriage, now I own only 6 trucks and the wife is getting on my case about them now.
You know what they say..."A happy wife is a happy life" or so it seems! When my wife seems happy its usually because I did something for her that did not make me all that happy. :roll:

CATONY

A little bit of a side note but I'm trying to locate a PCB for my M998 HMMWV and having a hard time. The old inter web isn't locating anything good. What is the best PCB, the yellow, green or white box?
and where is the best place to find one?
thanks for your help!

oldgenset

I have a mep-003a that is running well but it seems to not want to start as it should every time. Sometimes lots of white smoke. I am considering buying 4 new glow plugs and according to the TM it is a 2920-01-048-8867, 333-0104 (44940). But I see on ebay 333-0107. What am I suppose to get? Does anyone have a source not too expensive?
Thank you

rustystud

I have a mep-003a that is running well but it seems to not want to start as it should every time. Sometimes lots of white smoke. I am considering buying 4 new glow plugs and according to the TM it is a 2920-01-048-8867, 333-0104 (44940). But I see on ebay 333-0107. What am I suppose to get? Does anyone have a source not too expensive?
Thank you
Try this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJYHHZA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I've bought 2 packs and made sure there the correct ones.

Guyfang

Staff member
Both numbers are good for the glow plugs. 333-0104 was replaced by 333-0107

2912-01-048-8867 was replaced by 2920-01-061-1817

Rustystud's link was much cheaper then others I looked at.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks