• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A , MEP-004A, MEP-005A, MEP-006A Replacement A4 & A5 Card Interest

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking into making replacement A4 & A5 cards for the MEP-003A , MEP-004A, MEP-005A & MEP-006A.

I've already designed the replacement A4 for the 004,006,006.

Please post up if you have interest in these cards. If there is enough interest in each I'll look into making them.

These...
A4 Card-01.JPG

A5 card front.jpg

003 A4.JPG

Guyfang

Staff member
Got to admit, these are parts I always kept on hand. They were show stoppers. If they die, the set will not run. Are they exactly the same as the old cards, or mad with newer tech?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got to admit, these are parts I always kept on hand. They were show stoppers. If they die, the set will not run. Are they exactly the same as the old cards, or mad with newer tech?
New design but no "mad new tech" :LOL:
They are very basic cards. Relays, resistors and diodes.
Would use newer style higher current replaceable relays used on other military gensets and other components readily available now.
Also designed with much larger traces on the PCB to eliminate the trace burn out problem.
They would be plug and play replacements.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone measure one of the 002A or 003A A4 cards and let me know the mounting screw locations?
Horizontal distance between mounting screws.
Vertical distance between mounting screws.
I assume the layout of the 4 screws is symetrical.
Distances need to be accurate, not approximate.
003 A4.JPG

Last edited:

Ray70

Hi Kurt,
The hole pattern on the 002/003 A4 card is 2.660" wide and 2.600 high... not quite a square pattern.
The board itself is 3.5" wide and 3.0" high.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, now I only need 1 measurement on the 004A A5 card. It's the hole center to hole center between either the right 2 mounting screws or the left two screws.

Could someone take an accurate measurement of it for me?

This...
Monting Spacing.JPG

Ray70

A5 is inside the special relay box correct? I have an 005 here ( that I promised Guy I would measure A5 eventually )
But would need to take a little time to open up the relay box, so I can do it.... just not right away, if anyone else has faster access??
Otherwise I will do it when possible.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray,

Yes, that's the box it's in.
I posted up in case someone had theirs open or someone had an A5 laying around and to save you the trouble of tearing into yours for it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its not toooooooo bad to remove. Take the plugs off. Take the 6 screws out that hold it to the table. Take the two small machine screws off the top, to separate the top and bottom part. Then take the 4 mounting nuts off. Push it forward and stick a tape measure in, to get the measurements. Or, instead of opening the box, just find the 4 mounting nut/bolts on the outside and simply measure them from the outside. You might not even have to do anything but poke your head and a light in. I forget what side its on. Its been 10-11 years since I had one before me.

Ray70

I have to admit, I cheated on the 002/003 card as well... have an AC reconnect box on the shelf and measured the bolt spacing from the back side.... Both Lazy and a cheater on occasion! ;) but more that I figured all 4 screws would probably snap off on me, judging by the rust on the threads....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks