• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 003a new owner

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read this thread, MEP-002a and -003a main breaker.

Everything you are asking about the breakers is in that thread.

Just about anything you want or need to know about the generator has already been asked and answered here on the forum. It's just a matter of finding it. :D

flyfishrelease

mep 003a output split bolt terminal connectors

What torque or how to tighten the large nuts on the split bolt output terminals. Looking thru tm couldn't find anything on how to tighten the nuts to clamp the wires.
For the bottom nut seems like a thin open end wrench to fit between the wire and the panel surface is required and a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 wrench is needed for the larger top nut. But how does one know how much to tighten, especially to prevent cracking the insulated board around the bottom nut? I would think a wrench is required on the bottom nut while torquing the top nut.

Ken_86gt

Just tighten until snug enough that you would never be able to pull the wire out. I don't think you can get a torque wrench in there to actually see st a specific value. Normally it comes with a special wrench to tighten the split bolts. I use what ever I have available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks