• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A No-start After Fuel Filter Replacement

iamhere

Blizzard to be here tomorrow during the day. This is a genset we got from Conservation from the FEPP program, and have not started until we worked on it today.

Is there a shut off switch somewhere I could be missing? What actually controls the fuel shut off - electrically?

I will exercise the linkage tomorrow morning, with gunk applied. I will also look at this large nut on in the injection pump item.

thanks

jbk

that ip linkage controls fuel flow. the sol. will shut it off (all the way down). have somone stand on the side and watch the arm. be sure it travels all the way up while in the start position ,if not help it. might just be sticking. before you open the pump be sure the sol. and linkage are working correctly.

Iron7

I wanted to interject an experience I had many years ago with my M35A2, I had recently bought a surplus unit and was driving it home when it started to slowly lose performance on the highway, decided to pull out the filters and replace them, while installing the new filters I over-tightened the filter cannister nut causing it to crack right down the middle, it was so small of a hairline crack that I didn't see it, I got the same result, start, run, 3 seconds later, die. It took a while to find the problem, I replaced the special nut then continued my trip home. Moral of the story here men, don't put gorrila cranks on the cannister nut like I did! lol.

pmramsey

If all else fails, there is an overheat sensor that can crap out on you. If it is trashed, the unit will shut down immediately upon releasing the start and run switch after holding the switch for the required 15-seconds after startup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks