• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Oil Pump GPH?

snypr

Does anyone know the GPH of oil that is pumped by the MEP-003a pump, assuming that all is functionally/operationally intact? Ive peaked over TMs & tried my googlefu to no joy. If I have missed it, I apologize & will take my lumps accordingly...

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

rustystud

Does anyone know the GPH of oil that is pumped by the MEP-003a pump, assuming that all is functionally/operationally intact? Ive peaked over TMs & tried my googlefu to no joy. If I have missed it, I apologize & will take my lumps accordingly...

Thanks guys.

Are you trying to make something out of one ?

snypr

I am actually thinking of using a centrifugal oil filter, instead of the cartridge type and was looking at matching up specs with pressure and flow rate..

Isaac-1

As a bit of side information

One of our members (Speddmon) offers / offered a spin on conversion kit, that works with a common Fram filter, I don't have the number off hand, but think it is a PF-8A. I have one on my MEP-003a and it is a lot easier than dealing with the canister filters.

The civilian version of Onan DJC uses a full flow oil filter from NAPA is a 1084, WIX 51084 also the heavy duty version the NAPA1452, not sure what else

rustystud

I don't think you will have the pressure or volume needed to make a centrifugal system work. I also have the spin-on conversion system on all my MEP-002A and MEP-003A generators.