• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A price

3dAngus

I would only use it for parts, not reliability.
To many good ones out there with only a couple hundred hours or less.

Whatever the parts you need is worth, minus recovery effort.

Isaac-1

With the price trends around here the last year or two I suspect it would easily sell for $750 - $1,000 (or about 2/3 of the going price of a lower hour unit), not that I would pay that much for it. Honestly for a home backup it would probably not be a bad deal if it runs, but as others have said there are lower hour units to be found (at least lower hour since the last rebuild).

Ike

DieselBob

I did a search for manuals with no results, where does one find the manuals for a MEp003A?

Thanks

Back in the "good ol days" we use to have a TM section here at SS where you could download manuals and other useful information. :roll: JMO, I would say not over $750 for a running unit (both engine and making correct power) with those hours. Problem is at auction there isn't anyway to know the operational status.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is everybody saying to stay away from a generator that will run for 10's of thousands of hours, but only has 6300 on it? With 6300 hours, you know it ran and was used....can you say the same thing about an '84 model with 100 hours on it and never been depot rebuilt??? Lots of sitting around there I think.

But I guess that's fine, you guys stay away from those ones, I'll get em for next to nothing :twisted:

3dAngus

It's not that it won't run, just that with more hours, the liklihood of reliability problems make it a greater risk, and maybe not one worth taking, when there are plenty of others out there with less than 500 hours.

If you ever need one in an emergency, you want one of the best possible for the money.

Outside of that, you are absolutely right, as usual.:)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I use for my house every time the power goes out here was marked as un-serviceable when I picked it up from GL, and has over 3500 hours on it. The only thing that was wrong with it was a broken wire, and it's the better running one of the two I have. Higher hours and unreliability do not necessarily go hand in hand.