• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a Refurbishment

mikemarti

Okay so after trying to work out my starter issue during the last snow storm :( I decided it might be time to take this beauty to an expert and have them do a service call / maintenance on it.

I found a place that looks promising in Vermont and was wondering if anyone else has heard of them, or might know of another place that does this level of work.

https://greenmountaingenerators.com/diesel-generators-mep002a-mep003/gmg-refurbishment-program/

Shipping there is not an issue - I'll make a nice weekend drive of it.

BTW the generator ran good the last time I had it running - and it was putting out good power. My issue is time - I don't have enough of it right now and want to get this checked off the "Honey Do List".

Thanks for your input.

Rapracing

I believe they are a reputable company.

What are you thinking needs to be done to it? Did they give you any type of quote? Based on what they sell their units for I'd be seeing if I couldn't do it myself. Seems to be TOP dollar for their units.

mikemarti

I believe they are a reputable company.

What are you thinking needs to be done to it? Did they give you any type of quote? Based on what they sell their units for I'd be seeing if I couldn't do it myself. Seems to be TOP dollar for their units.
Thanks for your input.

I have been doing all the work myself to date. Its been running, and with the help of a few members on this site I have replaced the filters with spin on sets, and it starts like a champ and runs smoothly.

I was working on the starter during this last snow storm when I came to the conclusion that I needed to get it running a bit more dependable so that the girlfriend is comfortable with it when I am out of town - lol.

Lastly I don't have the time to do it like I want it done, so paying someone to do it like I would want it done seems like the best option right now.

1800 Diesel

Thanks for your input.

I have been doing all the work myself to date. Its been running, and with the help of a few members on this site I have replaced the filters with spin on sets, and it starts like a champ and runs smoothly.

I was working on the starter during this last snow storm when I came to the conclusion that I needed to get it running a bit more dependable so that the girlfriend is comfortable with it when I am out of town - lol.

Lastly I don't have the time to do it like I want it done, so paying someone to do it like I would want it done seems like the best option right now.
Stand by a few days as other members close to you may offer to take care of your machine's service needs--at least that way you have more than one option & one price on the table. Or, if money is no object, then proceed with the "sole-source" route. Good luck either way! :)

Kevin

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not sure if I missed another thread. What is the starter issue? Could you just buy a new starter and bolt it on?