• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Replacement AC Voltage Regulator

pwatkins87

Folks, I am in need of an ac voltage regulator for a MEP-003A. I reached out to Jim at lakeserv.net but he said he retired last year but thought someone over here at steel soldiers was thinking of making their own version. Any chance you folks know if anyone is making new voltage regulators and or anyone have an operating used board? I am new to the site so if I posted this in the wrong section please direct me to the correct area.
Thanks for all the help.

pwatkins87

Jim was referring to me.
Unfortunately I haven't had the time yet to put into developing the 002, 003 replacement VR.
Well DANG! Thanks for getting back to me kloppk. If anyone has a used VR they would be willing to sell please contact me.

Appreciate all the help!

PW

pwatkins87

Kloppk, if you get a design figured out please PM me. I am very interested. I think another member on here is going to be able to get me up and running with a used board but I have two of these units, one with the original board still working and one with no board. So, I would be interested in getting two of them from you if you can get a design worked out.

I know the old design is robust and very reliable but these units are becoming harder to find electrical components for so I am all about having spares. My grandfather used to help me work through most of these situations but since he passed away I am trying to figure things out on my own. Any other suggestions or advice on the 003A would be greatly appreciated.

I cant thank the folks here enough for helping me out.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kloppk, if you get a design figured out please PM me. I am very interested. I think another member on here is going to be able to get me up and running with a used board but I have two of these units, one with the original board still working and one with no board. So, I would be interested in getting two of them from you if you can get a design worked out.
@pwatkins87
Design figured out. New PCB's fabricated and VR's assembled, tested per the TM. Unit sent out to fellow S.S. member and passed with flying colors in his MEP-002A. Now available in the classifieds.
edit: PM sent
edit: Triple Jim retired and is no longer making his version of the VR anymore and with his "OK" I'm starting to make mine available.

Last edited:

Chainbreaker

Great news Kurt!
I 2nd that! With me having (5) MEP-002a's the odds of an eventual failure of one of mine are there.

Now... if you were to develop a drop in SX460 AVR for the MEP-002a/-003a to replace the innards of the "AC Reconnection Box" I would pop down the $'s for one of those now!

I've got an AC Reconnection Box that I pulled a while back due to mouse damage causing no AC output. I swapped it out with a rebuilt AC Reconnection box a while back. So, the faulty one is just sitting there in my shop waiting for repairs or transplant of SX460 AVR.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks