• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Saved the Day

amolaver

do you think mixed with petro diesel at 50:1 that would be an issue? that's about a quart of bio in a full daytank on an 003 (~10gal). oh, and that's 2% bio diesel, so in reality, you're talking about just over half an OUNCE of 100% biodiesel in ~10 gallons

what do you mean, '..back into sludge'?

ahm

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good study. I've always used additives in my trucks, this gives me something to think about. I'll have to do some looking to find one the top four additives. Thanks for posting

Ron

Keith_J

The only thing about bio-diesel in a generator/stand-by power setup is the potential for it to turn back into sludge after it sits unused for a while.
All fuels do this. But the slime needs water so keeping the tank free of condensate by keeping the tank vent closed and the tank full goes a long way.

Monthly inspection of the tank and weekly PMCS will keep the fuel in good shape. Rotating fuel stock is even better. The fuel tanks have drains for a reason.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job GLCaines, on staying warm, fed, and functional. Yes, the winter generator season (as opposed to the hurricane generator season) is upon us, and those MEPs will be worth all the upkeep we've lavished on them.

amolaver

That is a good study. I've always used additives in my trucks, this gives me something to think about. I'll have to do some looking to find one the top four additives. Thanks for posting

Ron
the opti-lube summer blend seems like the best deal (best lubricity improvement versus cost) but i'm always a little leery of additive companies. two stroke oil is cheap, widely available, and works pretty well. nothing beats a little B2 though - it does a markedly better job than anything else although would cost more (@$4/gal, about $1/10gal of petro treated vs about 25 cents for the opti-lube summer blend).

short version, if you have biodiesel available, adding a quart per 10gal petro makes the most lubricity improvement. if not, order opti-lube summer blend (cheap and requires a very small amount - 3000:1 - making it easy to carry), or 8oz of two stroke oil per 10gal of petro.

glad you found the study helpful.

ahm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks