• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Saving The Day

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a massive storm came through Hiawassee, Georgia today, the house has been running on my MEP-003a. Trees are down on the power lines so we are likely to have no power from Blue Ridge Mountain EMC anytime soon. We have guests, so it is good that we have the generator. Fired right up, threw the transfer switch and we were off and running. The neighbors are all jealous. Buying that genset from GL was one of the best decision I have made.

RealCavDog

You just described the picture perfect reason that I am shopping for that exact unit ! Between the ice storms, tornados, and the great straight line winds, the Missori Ozarks just beg for that set-up ! Being at the end of the line doesn't help either !

I do want mine to be trailer mounted so that I can put a transfer switch on multiple properties and be totally apocalyse ready ! LOL !

Be very interested to get an update on your long term continued use, and maybe how it does on fuel and output !

And Kudos to you for being so prepared ! THAT is what it's all about ! [thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is mounted on an M116A2 trailer. I have previouosly powered the house with the geothermal heat pump running, both ovens on, refrigerator running, air compressor running and a lot of lights on. I forced the refrigerator and heat pump to run to test the output. The meter showed it was running at 75% rated capacity. I have also used it to powre some 3-phase power tools. Very convenient.

3dAngus

I love my MEP003. At 10KW, it will run the whole house including upstairs and downstairs heating and cooling units. I powered it up today without issue and charged the batteries for about 15 minutes. It started right up in about 2 seconds. Fantastic power unit and the perfect size for a complete household.

panic_button

My in-laws have been running my spare MEP003 since last Friday in North AL. The cheap gas 8K set they had died after 20 hours of running and they paid $700 for it... Father in law changed oil yesterday, and it's running just about thier whole house and burning right at 1 GH.

Nonotagain

My in-laws have been running my spare MEP003 since last Friday in North AL. The cheap gas 8K set they had died after 20 hours of running and they paid $700 for it... Father in law changed oil yesterday, and it's running just about thier whole house and burning right at 1 GH.
I've got two of the MEP-003's and a civi gas generator with a cast iron engine.

My rule of thumb has been one hour of run time for the gas engine generator and two hours of cooling off before checking the oil and restarting.

My MEP-003's both use just over a gallon per hour at 80% load.

The longest I've been without power since owning a generator has been 16-20 hours due to a hurricane knocking out the juice.

On the infrequent times I've lost power, the gas generator has done everything needed. IMHO there is no reason to run a generator at night unless it's over 100 degrees and the AC has to run.

I'm not looking at powering the neighborhood, just my home. The neighbors can all suck lemons for all I care.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like more are learning! :-(
Prices on GL just keep going up

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!

Gary,

Sorry to hear about your utility woes, but it sure is good to hear that your generator is keeping th family and guests happy.[thumbzup] [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks