• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A/Trailer Measurement Please

m38inmaine

I am in need of the measurement from the front of the skid frame to the front of the M116 gen trailer so I can drill holes to bolt the set down. My trailer was setup for the older gas sets in tandem. Looking for factory mounted set measurements please.

Thanks

steelandcanvas

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.
Here you go Mark.

From the Center of the Front Lip to the Front of the skid, I have 25.5".
From the Inside of either wheel-well, to the Center of the mounting bolt, on either skid, I have 7.625".
From the Front Lip to the Front mounting bolts, I have 39.75" on both.
From the Rear edge of the trailer, to the Rear mounting bolts, I have 24.75".
Measurement tolerance was +/- .125".
Hope this gives you what you wanted. I wasn't trying to be a Geek by giving you decimal measurements, it just looked better in print than trying to use fractions. Post up again if you need more info on this setup.

steelandcanvas

I have a very large hole, 2" - 3" in diameter, somewhere near the center of the trailer. I'm assuming this is to allow any liquids that concentrate there, a way to drain out of the trailer. Glad the measurements were helpful, Mark.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine oil drain tube should be offset to the rear of the trailer a bit and to the right (when standing at the tongue of the trailer). To have the drain hole in the center of the trailer, you would be bending the oil drain tube awfully hard to get it to that hole.

Terracoma

Note the hole for the oil drain kind of in the center.
Lord knows I don't like to be "that guy" out bumping really old threads, but... Anyone have the measurements to locate the oil drain hole in AceHigh's photo?

I think the location is the same (or close enough) for the MEP-002A that I have. I'm interested to know the specs on the grommet, too.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks