• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 003a voltage problems

jamawieb

So this is a new one for me. I have a customer that bought a generator from me 2 years ago. He started it recently and after 5 minutes the voltage went to 0. Told him to take 17 off VR and voltage spiked so assumed voltage regulator. He purchased a new one from Triple Jim adn installed. Voltage returned but after a few minutes voltage and hertz went to 0. So he brought it to me. When I first start it voltage is perfect, start load testing and after you get to 14kw voltage starts to drop from 120 down to 106 and falls to 105v. Can let it run about 5 minutes under load and it looses voltage and hertz again.
I tested T1, T2, tried another known good VR. All Good. Replaced the linear reactor because it was slightly out of spec. Still same issues. Only thing that I can think is left is CVT1. Has anyone seen this before

Chainbreaker

Hmmm...just wondering if its thermal related since the problem arises after it runs for ~5 minutes. If a component is marginal or connection is not tight, perhaps heat is causing something to fail or break contact.

If you by chance have or can acquire a spare "AC reconnection box" it might be worth swapping out since its fairly easy to do in order to quickly eliminate those components contained within the box.

jamawieb

Hmmm...just wondering if its thermal related since the problem arises after it runs for ~5 minutes. If a component is marginal or connection is not tight, perhaps heat is causing something to fail or break contact.

If you by chance have or can acquire a spare "AC reconnection box" it might be worth swapping out since its fairly easy to do in order to quickly eliminate those components contained within the box.
Thats what I was thinking too, loose connection. So I checked everything in the output box and every connection is tight. I sprayed the reconnection switch with cleaner and rotated several, several times. I'm going to swap output boxes to see if it is the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks