• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A

Guyfang

Staff member
No. the relay is not the problem. Your set turns over, but will not engage the K5.

If you have 25.3 VDC input to the S1, and 18-19 volts output from the S1, then you could have a bad or dirty S1. Or loose connectors/screws. Or wires that have broken a few strands of wire inside the ring connectors. I would suspect dirty first. There are contact sprays that can be used to clean contacts. @Ray70 can you give some insight as to what might be a good contact spray. All the ones I know are German.

Johncar48

Well the gov. Solenoid is finally picking up but not getting fuel to engine. Fuel is coming out of fuel tank return line so going to have to pull injector lines I guess.

Ray70

If I recall correctly John, you had the machine running good about 6+ months ago, but then let it sit, which is when the problems began?
I am curious if the plunger in the injection pump has gotten stuck in the outward position ( a common problem when these machines sit for extended periods ) 6 months is not a real long time, but lately with the poor quality of this low sulfur diesel we have been seeing issues sooner and sooner when machines sit with untreated fuel in them.
If you confirm fuel is reaching the IP ( and trickling back to the tank ) the solenoid is retracting, the linkage and lever on the IP is lifting fully upward and there is no fuel coming from the injector lines when cranking, the next step would be to inspect the plunger for proper movement, incase it has stuck in the outward position.

Guyfang

Staff member
Agree 100%. Those were my thoughts.

I assume, always a bad thing to do, but assume that you have not fooled with the K5 linkage. Because if the linkage is not adjusted right, the K5 may not be opening up the IP far enough.

So, the DETOX worked? Or did you find something else?

Johncar48

When I first got it, it was in pretty bad shape. 1977 model with 1527 hrs on it. Got it running and itran pretty good and then started going down hill. All seemed to trace back to IP& injectors so sent them off to Ray for rebuild. After they the unit ran great with no issues. Last ran about 6 or 7 months ago then sat and that’s when all these issues started. Uses no oil, doesn’t smoke at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks