• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003afuel tank

3dAngus

Mep003's take internal or external fuel sources.
You can check in the manual to see how to run externally.

The short story is there is a "Prime and Run Aux" swithch for auxillary fuel, and a "Prime and Run" switch for internal fuel. So after priming from the aux switch, then hitting the start switch to run, revert back to the "Prime and Run aux" switch rather than the "Prime and run" switch. That will keep your auxillary fuel pump running and sucking the fuel out of your aux. tank. You mght also need an external pump to go in your aux tank or 55 gal drum, depending on how long the hose run is, elevation, etc.

Last edited:

Bill W

Trouble is the aux/remote tank fuel pump only transfers the fuel from a remote tank into the genset tank (which you don't have) so that won't work. you'll have to plumb your remote tank supply line into suction/inlet side of the main fuel pump and then you'll have to plumb a seperate hose into the engine fuel return line and run it back to the remote tank

Last edited:

coyote62ny

if you want to get an original fuel tank give tom at gulf coast trucks a calloffice number is 1-281-422-3200 cell number is 1-832-323-1445 tom has a lot of gen sets mep-002 and mep-003 for parts and his prices are reasonable as it has been stated here if you dont have an on board tank with the float switch to control the auxillary pump you will have to run two lines to your 250 gallon tank one fuel supply and one return line i would try to get a fuel tank that came with the set just make shure you are getting the switch for the auxillary pump and the fuel gauge and line fittings great gen set you wont be disapointed the mep-003 i have will run my house and shop even my buzz box welder hope this helps you on the road to getting your set running

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it is really even more simple than that. forget about the aux tank pump. just run the supply and return lines to whatever tank you want to use. it should be at about the same level as the gen set.

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks