• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-003's finally at home

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

The day of my scheduled load out finally arrived :grin::smile:, and it went off without a hitch. Made the 540 mile round trip in about 13 1/2 hours total, made a pit stop at the parents house to say "hey" along the way.

I met Matt from GL today at Chambersburg, you guys were right. He's a h*ll of a nice guy. Did a great job loading and situating the gennys where I wanted them, then we got to shooting the bull. Found out we grew up only about 30 miles apart, and all that good blah, blah blah.

I was very pleased with the gennys considering they were bought only by viewing the pics in the auction. Once the supply house get's my filters in (hopefully tomorrow), I can do a complete fluid change in the one, and buy some batteries and try to fire it up. I'll keep ya'll posted. Pics are attached, don't mind the mud, I live on a dirt road, and it was a rainy muddy mess all day.

Attachments

rat4spd

Looks great. Hopefully you get em up and running easily. How many hours are on them? Did you find anything missing like IP, oil cooler, fuel pumps?

Looks like you pretty much maxed that single axle trailer out. :)

SmokeyJoeJ

Speddmon,

Looks great! I am still waiting on my EUC to clear so I can pick mine up. It went to Battle creek on March 25th so hopefully I will hear something soon. Keep us informed as you get them running. I may be asking you for some tips after I get mine home.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rat4spd said:
Looks great. Hopefully you get em up and running easily. How many hours are on them? Did you find anything missing like IP, oil cooler, fuel pumps?

Looks like you pretty much maxed that single axle trailer out.
One has 1500hrs and the other one has 3100. The higher hour unit appears complete minus batteries. The lower hour unit is missing the blower wheel and rotor, but I'm hoping I can find one (anybody have any ideas), also it has a fuel tank from a mep-002a that's missing the cap, but at least someone secured a bag over the opening. Other than that they appear in good shape. The one should be easy to get producing power. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for the other one.

Trailer has 3500# axle so it handled them nicely.

SmokeyJoeJ said:
Looks great! I am still waiting on my EUC to clear so I can pick mine up. It went to Battle creek on March 25th so hopefully I will hear something soon. Keep us informed as you get them running. I may be asking you for some tips after I get mine home.
Surprisingly mine cleared in just 13 days, from the end of the auction till approval. If you need tips just shoot me a pm or post something, I will and I'm sure some of these other great guys on here will gladly give free advice.

It'll be quite a trip for you to get to Chambersburg from your locale, if you want tips or alternate routes let me know, I grew up about 1 1/2 hours from there. I will warn ya now though, take a truck built for what you're hauling cause you are gonna have some hellish mountains to cross once you get on US 30 at Breezewood, PA. The Tuscarora mtn was a bear even for my 3/4t ram with the towing package

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got mine last week. Matt was very helpful and I look forward to more recoveries at that site. On another note, the mud looks good. America was a much safer place when everyone lived on a dirt road. I wish I lived a little further off the main drag. That way I could have more stuff.....

rat4spd

Good luck though. They are a beast! I love hearing it start. It may be a while before I get my house plumbed up for it though. And I still need to decide if I'm going to hard wire or trailer mount it.

Glad to see they aren't in too bad of shape. I wish I had a tank for mine, but I'll just make one. All you need anyway is one supply and one return if you don't mind not having the ability to transfer from a barrel.:-D

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I had my "neighbor" (call it what you will at those distances) come over today with his back-hoe and unload the gennys for me. Closer inspection of the sets shows me that the one with more hours seems to be complete, though the oil was drained out, possibly leaked (the drain valve appears to be dripping) The fuel tank looks clean and rust free, so as soon as I get the filters and batteries, I'll be trying to fire it up.

The other one appears to only be missing the blower wheel/rotor assembly, and the fuel cap from the tank...other than being 3/4 full of water it looks clean. Also, the control panel is bent up a little, but should be easily straightened. I just hope the electronics are not soaking wet...meters I'm not worried about but the boards can be tricky to repair/replace. If anybody has a line on a fuel cap and blower wheel assy. I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks.

Attachments

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rat4spd said:
Good luck though. They are a beast! I love hearing it start. It may be a while before I get my house plumbed up for it though. And I still need to decide if I'm going to hard wire or trailer mount it.

Glad to see they aren't in too bad of shape. I wish I had a tank for mine, but I'll just make one. All you need anyway is one supply and one return if you don't mind not having the ability to transfer from a barrel.:grin:
You could always hard pipe a weatherproof receptacle on the "back-up line side" (generator side) of your transfer switch if you're using one, and mount it near where you are going to park the trailer. Then the Genny is portable, but you still have the power hook-up for the house when needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks