• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 004 Fuel Solenoid Rectifier SMOKIN'!!

timbosama

Finally got my injection pump sorted out, fired her up, and GOAL!!!! She makes a beautiful sound!

:clinto:

And then the bad smoke started.

:shock:

The rectifier (Figure 4-13, Operator Maintenance Manual) for the day tank fuel solenoid was gushing out nasty white smoke. ("Use extreme care, should a selenium rectifier malfunction, to avoid inhalation of poisonous fumes.")

No internal wiring diagram dataplate on this machine. And the wiring diagram in the copy of the manual that I have is thoroughly illegible.

And, the previous owner generously repainted it prior to turning it over to me. aua Inside and out. auaaua It's all yellow. Any useful markings, labels, or identifying numbers on wires or terminals or anything else are now gone. auaauaauaaua

aua

So, anyway.... the fuel solenoid rectifier has four wires going to its three terminals. Resistance between the outer terminals and the middle terminal -- with all wires still connected -- is ~125 ohms with multimeter pos. wire on the middle terminal and ~200 ohms with pos. wire on either outer terminal. This does not align with the manual, but perhaps I should disconnect all the wires first. Tomorrow, if the rain stays away.

Any help, especially including a legible wiring diagram, would be much appreciated.

timbosama

It is a cube of black (now yellow) plastic approximately one inch on a side.

With a threaded brass mounting point in the center of one face.

And one, threaded, female, electrical connection point located on each of three of the corners of the face opposite the mounting face.

PeterD

Unfortunately, I do not have a schematic diagram.
The MEP-004 manuals (with schematics) are easily available from a number of sources. Worse case, I can perhaps email them to you.

That said, the rectifier is a relatively standard bridge model and readily available (I may have a couple on hand, I'd have to check...)

Kinda sucks that someone did so much damage painting it. People do dumb things sometimes, don't they?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks