• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-004 in maryland

hawaiiflyer

After a year of sitting in the yard I filled up the ole girl and turned her over. Need to replace some MIA transfer pumps, fix a small oil leak at the filer assembly and get a new lower radiator hose, but she started and ran great. Now time to clean her up a little and start tinkering with the power section.

hawaiiflyer

She runs

I sure did. Had to remove the float switch from the day tank and fill it up directly. Gave me about a 5 minute run time. Once I get the new radiator hose and some electric transfer pumps I'll get her all warmed up and start testing out the genny.

hawaiiflyer

No, I actually picked it up over in Chambersburg PA. I bought it through GL last year before I departed for Afghanistan. I got back this spring and have been wanting to get it started for a while. I am going to find a single 24v fuel pump and add a return line from the day tank to the main fuel cell. When you want to start it, just flip on the fuel pump, the day tank will stay full and any excess fuel is returned to the main fuel cell. I'll probably wire it through the float switch so that if it does run low on fuel the pump wont dry run.

You don't by chance have a 2 1/2 ton truck parked in your driveway do you?

PeterD

After a year of sitting in the yard I filled up the ole girl and turned her over. Need to replace some MIA transfer pumps, fix a small oil leak at the filer assembly and get a new lower radiator hose, but she started and ran great. Now time to clean her up a little and start tinkering with the power section.
For a lower radiator hose, you can use a pair of 90 degree universal hoses of the correct ID, trimming to length, and a short nipple to join them together. I was never able to find the original hose, so that's what I did, worked very well. BTW, I did use two hose clamps on each hose going into that nipple (total of four.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks